What is “Invisalign”?
Invisalign is the virtually invisible way to straighten your teeth and achieve the smile of your dreams. Many patients prefer Invisalign, also known as an invisible aligner, to traditional braces because they are less obtrusive and painful. Here is some more information about how this innovative dental device works, its benefits, and how you can get started with invisible aligners.
How Does Invisalign Work?
The Invisalign process begins by creating a model of your treatment plan using 3D computer imaging technology, to give you a clear idea of what your teeth will look like during and after the treatment. At this point, a set of custom aligners are made to fit the specifications of your teeth. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks before it’s replaced by the next aligner in the set. Each aligner is a slightly different shape, and so they are ordered in a precise sequence to slightly shift the position of your teeth over time. The duration of your Invisalign treatment is determined by your dentist after your initial consultation. The length of treatment will depend on the severity of your misalignment and you desire results.
What are the Benefits of Invisible Braces?
Invisalign has many benefits including the following:
- Invisible aligners are practically clear and difficult to detect, making them the ideal choice for people who are self-conscious about wearing traditional braces.
- Invisible braces are removable, so you can take them out to eat and drink whenever you want.
- The aligners can be removed to floss and brush normally for good oral hygiene and fresh breath.
- Unlike traditional braces, invisible aligners don’t have metal brackets or wires that can scrape and irritate your mouth.
- Because you don’t have to have brackets and wires adjusted, you’ll spend less time in the dentist’s office during treatment.
- You can view your virtual results and treatment plan before you start with our 3D modelling system, so you can see how your straight teeth will look when the treatment is finished.
Invisalign is the easy and convenient way to straighten your teeth. For people who have sensitive mouths or who are embarrassed by the thought of traditional braces, invisible aligners are a great alternative.
Tooth Works Dentistry is Edmonton’s premier dental clinic, so you can trust our professional and friendly dental specialists to help you through your Invisalign treatment. We offer free consultations, interest-free payment options, affordable cost of treatment and many other financial options to better serve you. For more information about invisible aligners and our other dental services, contact us today.